Friday, August 28, 2009

there's a story

if you haven't already heard the story about prayer & me, just ask me. i think it's pretty amazing. what i can say here, though, is that the image of Jesus as our older brother (Romans 8:29 "For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers." and Hebrews 2:11 "For he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one source. That is why he is not ashamed to call them brothers.") has been a powerful picture. I have trouble sometimes with the picture (although it is beautiful) of God as my father... lots of confusion around that one. but Jesus as my older brother is...! here's what it shows me; he is not have unloving & unattainable goals for me. he's been everywhere i have. he's not 'lording over me' but he loves to have me around. he's a protector (sibling's were the protectors in my family growing up). he is beside me but has gone before me and tested the waters, so when he calls me out to come play with him in the deep - he's aware of my fear, my limitations, but also knows that i can DO it! he does not condemn me. does anyone else hear how RADICAL this is? i do not condemn me, because he does not condemn me. thankful for the love of earthly brothers that prepared the way for me to accept the love of Christ in a life-altering kind of way. thankful for healing... thankful that i do not ever have to be alone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment