Thursday, April 15, 2010

billy collins inspires me

I fall for pieces of them
but never the whole
Brandon's coy smirk...
David's pointed questions,
The boy whose name I don't even
remember;
his brown eyes - the way they
smiled at me.
 
Even the awkward ones -
Kenneth and his ridiculous
salsa-fighting moves
that made me laugh out loud
as he spun me, without grace, around the room...
Ronald's impulsive adoration
of me
whenever I enter a room he is in.
 
The married ones too;
The way they love their wives
so well,
and make them beautiful
with their love -
When those men turn and
smile with familial affection at
me
I become some strange mix 
shy and bold;
happy to be one of the
lesser ladies in their life.
Less is still so much
when men know how to love
like that.
They know how to love
one whole woman...
but that is a mystery to me,
because I am still falling
for pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment