Wednesday, December 17, 2008

ode to a dog

i love dogs. these two little chubbers are from grandma hawk ("miss margaret")'s house. taffy on the left and bear on the right. they are hilarious together. i have several dogs i borrow in the absence of my own; harley-the-english-bulldog is one. he lives in the pet shop underneath our condo and takes me on walks around the neighborhood. during these outings i try to pretend that it is actually me taking him on a walk, but this is not usually the case. (caesar chavez would probably chide me in this relationship - i am definitely not the leader of the pack!)...everybody in the hood recognizes harley though and just adores him, though he looks like he could eat you (and if you happen to be a small child',s toy; he will!). when he sees me come in, he will run up to meet me and bring little things to show me. it's so funny to watch the mafia don of dogs trying to frisk around like a little poodle. he does it badly and i love him all the more for it.


ellie (possibly sweetest dog and bestest, leastest annoying of all small canines) & i have 'spend the nights' when her parents are out of town. she is like a real grown up dog but in the tiniest body ever. whenever you talk to her she cocks her head to the side and listens attentively. she is very affectionate and loves to run at high speeds around her parents (ruthie & will)s' beautiful home. i can't help but laugh when i'm around her.

cutie pie (also pet shop owner's dog) is for yapping back at. she's even tinier than ellie, a mere wisp of a dog. at first she was very threatened by harley's very assertive and 'taking over' sort of friendship with me, but now she knows she also has a place in my life and my lap. she'll run right up when i come into pampered paws and curl up in my lap and just sit there quietly.... sigh. i am ready for a dog, God. really i think i am. patiently waiting. love julie

2 comments:

  1. I love the pics! You really need one of Harley & Cutie Pie because words cannot describe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I could see Julie having a dog or two, they are cool... anyway good thought linda

    ReplyDelete