Thursday, December 25, 2008

christmas at vanderbilt

christmas in the hospital is quite the affair! so many people came this morning with food, danishes & coffee, lunches, candy & the like to share with patients, families and employees. it was sweet really. i'm thankful that no one in my family is on the trauma unit this christmas - after seeing so many families there with a loved one who's not doing so well, it makes me grateful that even though i can't be with them all, that all the people i love most are walking around on their two legs and healthy. wow; it is such a gift! merry christmas to my family - in chattavegas and my special place. (eep!) speaking of trauma, though; james-the-fish is not well. if there were an icu for fish, i would put him on it. if you have any last words for him, please send quickly. email will work. i will read all his mail to him. sigh. that is all. more postings when i get home.

1 comment:

  1. Let's see. Last words for James: "I know you can pull through this, buddy. Focus on the fake green plant and the sound of my voice and you'll find you have another 4 years of splashing life to live."

    ReplyDelete